Standard Army Maintenance System-Enhanced (SAMS-E) SAMS-E is a United States Army Logistics Information System considered a mission critical system that supports Combat Services Support (CSS) Table of Organization and Equipment (TO&E) unit level maintenance elements, Field and Sustainment maintenance shop production activities, and Maintenance managers from the battalion to wholesale levels. SAMS-E was created by MAT after receiving the initial Army contract in 2004McLane Advanced Technologies (MAT) in Temple, Texas.[when?] On February 12, 2012 MAT announced the successful release of version 13.01.06 for SAMS-E.
SAMS-E was developed by MAT after being awarded the initial contract in 2004 for modernizing the army's various computer programs (ULLS-G, SAMS-1, SAMS-2, and SAMS I/TDA). McLane also received follow-on contracts in 2006 and 2010 for product development. These two contracts totaled $143M.
- Operating Systems: Windows 7 and Windows Server
- Database: Oracle
- Languages: C#, Visual Studio.NET
- Hardware: COTS notebooks, host, printer and AIT equipment (handheld device, wireless access point, encoder/decoder)
SAMS-E consists of SAMS-1E and SAMS-2E. Although not part of the SAMS they communicate with the SARSS system. It replaces and enhances the ULLS-G (Unit Level Logistics-Ground), SAMS-1 and SAMS-2 legacy systems by:
- incorporating the Windows graphical user interface
- integrating the Windows operating system
- merging functionality of ULLS-G into SAMS-1.
This effort[which?] was a maintenance systems modernization initiative which allowed SAMS-E to act as a bridge between current functionality and future systems. SAMS-E modernizes[how?] the following functions:
- Automated unit level maintenance, supply, and readiness reporting functions
- Day-to-day weapon system and sub-component readiness status
- Maintenance and related repair parts information
- Management functions from the tactical direct support (DS)/general support (GS) level maintenance activities and supports the transition to the Field and Sustainment Maintenance concept (Two-Levels of Maintenance[which?])
SAMS-E will be replaced by the Global Combat Support System-Army.
- McLane Maintenance Management System (MMS)-MMS is a commercial fleet management software program that builds upon's MAT's knowledge gained in developing similar products for large customers like the US Army.
- Computerized maintenance management system
- Global Command and Control System
- "McLane Advanced Technologies Releases Latest Version of Standard Army Maintenance System – Enhanced (SAMS-E)". http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mclane-advanced-technologies-releases-latest-version-of-standard-army-maintenance-system---enhanced-sams-e-140710453.html. Retrieved 2012-06-07.
- "SAMS-E AKO Web Page". https://www.us.army.mil/suite/page/143642. Retrieved 2012-06-07.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|