The term tank graveyard or tank cemetery refers to an area containing a large number of derelict armored vehicles, generally as a result of warfare.
Notable tank graveyardsEdit
- Vukovar, Croatia (Battle of Vukovar, Croatian War of Independence)
- Tank Graveyard (Kabul), Afghanistan (Soviet-Afghan War)
- Khemkaran, India (1965 India Pakistan War)
- Chawinda, Pakistan (1965 India Pakistan War)
- Highway of Death, north of Kuwait City, Kuwait (1991, Operation Desert Storm)
- ↑ (Croatian) Vukovar - Junački otpor trideset puta jačem agresoru
- ↑ Stephen Peter Rosen. Societies and Military Power: India and Its Armies. Cornell University Press. p. 246. ISBN 0-8014-3210-3.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|