The Taurus MT-40 submachine gun is the result of an agreement between the Taurus and the state-owned Chilean FAMAE, the largest manufacturer of weapons in that country. The FAMAE provided the design of their submachine SAF for taurus, which began production in 40 caliber to be part of a product line aimed at the Brazilian military police market. Currently, many police forces all over Brazil are already making use of this submachine. Later, the Taurus stated to produce it in 9mm caliber
Specifications[edit | edit source]
- Type: Submachine.
- Operating system: Blowback
- Weight: 3.7 kg (loaded)
- Total Length: 67 cm (Extended).
- Length of Pipe: 8 inches.
- Sights: Strap adjustable, fixed mass.
- Velocity at the muzzle: 300 m / sec (40).
- Rate of fire: 1200 shots / min
- Capacity: 30 shots
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|