|Themba Templeton Matanzima|
CCM SM MMM
|Born||2 February 1953(age 68)|
|Place of birth||Cofimvaba|
|Service/branch||South Africa Army|
Army career[edit | edit source]
Matanzima transferred to the South African National Defence Force on integration in 1994. After a period on the Joint Military Coordinating Committee that oversaw the integration process, he then became General Officer Commanding Eastern Province Command in 1996. In 1998 he became Chief of Army Personnel.
In 1999 he was appointed Chief of Personnel and promoted to the rank of Lieutenant General. In 2000, the SANDF restructured and he was appointed into a newly created post of Chief of Joint Support.
In 2004 he was appointed Chief of Corporate Staff until 2005, when he became Chief Human Resources.
He appointed Chief of Joint Operations on 1 September 1, 2007 after the death of Lt Gen Sipho Binda in car accident in 2006.
In 2010 he served as acting Secretary for Defence and Acting CSANDF on a number of occasions.
Honours and awards[edit | edit source]
Medals[edit | edit source]
He has been awarded the following:
- Commander Class Medal (CCM)
- Southern Cross Medal (SM)
- Military Merit Medal (MMM)
Other[edit | edit source]
- Parachute Wings (South Africa) (Basic, Static Line)
References[edit | edit source]
- "Newsmaker: TT’s the man for the job". City Press. May 19, 2012. http://www.citypress.co.za/news/newsmaker-tts-the-man-for-the-job-20120519/. Retrieved October 6, 2014.
- Engelbrecht, Leon (25 January 2010). "Fact file: Lt Gen Themba Matanzima". DefenceWeb. http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6281&catid=79&Itemid=. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "Matanzima word hoof van staf ná Loedolff" (in Afrikaans). Archived from the original on 26 November 1999. http://126.96.36.199/argief/berigte/dieburger/1999/11/26/4/30.html. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "Ex-homeland chief to head Joint Operations". IOL. August 2, 2007. http://www.iol.co.za/news/politics/ex-homeland-chief-to-head-joint-operations-1.364655?ot=inmsa.ArticlePrintPageLayout.ot. Retrieved October 6, 2014.
- "CSANDF Ngwenya redeployed to Angola, Matanzima acting". DefenceWeb. 14 December 2010. http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11212. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "About our Speakers - Peacekeeping Africa 2009". Defenceweb.co.za. May 4, 2009. http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1860%3AAbout+our+Speakers-+Peacekeeping+Africa+2009&Itemid=110. Retrieved November 10, 2014.
Office of the Ombudsman established
|Military Ombudsman(South Africa)
|Chief of Joint Operations
2007 – 2011
HR Division established
|Chief of Human Resources
2005 – 2007
|Chief of Corporate Staff
2004 – 2005
Jurinus Janse van Rensburg
Joint Support established as a new division
|Chief of Joint Support
2000 – 2004
|Chief of Staff Personnel
1999 – 2000
|Personnel Division disbanded|
|Chief of the TDF
1993 – 1994
|Integrated into the SANDF|
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|