|U.S. Navy Cyber Forces|
U.S. Navy Cyber Forces emblem
|Country||United States of America|
|Active||January 26, 2010-current|
|Commanders||Rear Admiral Gretchen S. Herbert|
Navy Cyber Forces (CYBERFOR) is the type commander for the U.S. Navy's global cyber workforce. The headquarters is located at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story. CYBERFOR provides forces and equipment in cryptology/signals intelligence, cyber, electronic warfare, information operations, intelligence, networks, and space. Navy Cyber Forces is an operational component of the U.S. Navy Information Dominance Corps.
To organize and prioritize, training, modernization, and maintenance, requirements, and capabilities of command and control architecture/networks, cryptologic and space-related systems and intelligence and information operations activities, and to coordinate with Type Commanders, to deliver interoperable, relevant and ready forces at the right time at the best cost, today and in the future.
- Navy and Marine Corps Spectrum Center
- Navy Communications Security Material System Command
- Fleet Intelligence Adaptive Force (FIAFs)
- Fleet Intelligence Detachments (FIDs)
- ↑ "Navy Cyber Forces Established". U.S. Navy. http://www.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=50853. Retrieved 2010-08-19.
- ↑ "Rear Admiral Gretchen S. Herbert; Commander, Navy Cyber Forces". United States Navy Biography. http://www.navy.mil/navydata/bios/navybio.asp?bioID=537. Retrieved October 31, 2011.
- ↑ "USNA Navy Information Dominance Corps Overview". U.S. Navy. http://www.usna.edu/Cyber/_files/documents/idc/IDC_Overview.pdf. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- ↑ "Navy Cyber Command Mission". U.S. Navy. http://www.public.navy.mil/usff/cyberfor/Pages/MISSION%20STATEMENT.aspx. Retrieved 2010-08-19.
- ↑ "Press Release Fleet Cyber Command/Tenth Fleet #11-001". U.S. Navy. 2011-04-18. http://images.bimedia.net/documents/mil_Navy+Cyber+Administrative+Realignment.pdf.
- ↑ "InfoDomain Spring 2010 pg 25". U.S. Navy. http://www.public.navy.mil/usff/cyberfor/Documents/SPRING%202010%20WEB.pdf. Retrieved 2010-08-19.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|