|U.S. Navy Information Forces|
|Country||United States of America|
|Active||October 1, 2014-current|
|Commanders||Rear Admiral Matthew J. Kohler|
Navy Information Forces (NAVIFOR) is an Echelon III command under Commander, US Fleet Forces Command (COMUSFLTFORCOM). It is the Type Commander (TYCOM) for meteorology and oceanography, cryptology/SIGINT, cyber, electronic warfare, information operations, intelligence, networks, and space disciplines. Like other TYCOMs, this is the manpower, training, modernization, and maintenance component for these disciplines. The commander of NAVIFOR is RADM Matthew Kohler.
On February 9, 2016, the command was renamed from Navy Information Dominance Forces (NAVIDFOR) to Naval Information Forces as part of the alignment of the Information Dominance Corps under its new name, the Information Warfare Community.
- Fleet Cyber Command/Tenth Fleet
- U.S. Navy Information Dominance Corps
- U.S. Cyber Command
- U.S. Navy Cyber Forces
- ↑ "Rear Admiral Matthew J. Kohler - Commander Navy Information Dominance Forces". United States Navy. October 1, 2014. http://www.navy.mil/navydata/bios/navybio.asp?bioID=653. Retrieved December 7, 2014.
- ↑ "Navy Establishes Information Dominance Forces". U.S. Navy. http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=83636. Retrieved 2014-12-07.
- ↑ "NAVIDFOR Changes Name to Naval Information Forces". U.S. Navy. http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=93027. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|