Six ships of the United States Navy have been named USS Tennessee in honor of the 16th state.
- SS Republic (1853), originally Tennessee, was a paddlewheel steamer captured from the Confederacy at New Orleans on 2 April 1862.[Clarification needed]
- CSS Tennessee (1863) was a Confederate ironclad captured from the Confederacy in the Battle of Mobile Bay on 16 February 1864.
- USS Tennessee (1865) was a wooden screw frigate originally built and named as Madawaska.
- USS Tennessee (ACR-10) was the lead ship of her class of armored cruiser.
- USS Tennessee (BB-43) was the lead ship of her class of battleship.
- USS Tennessee (SSBN-734) is an Ohio-class submarine.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.