The Union Banking Corporation (UBC) was a banking corporation in the US whose assets were seized by the United States government on October 20, 1942 during World War II under the U.S. Trading with the Enemy Act and Executive Order No. 9095.
According to an October 5, 1942, report from the USA's Office of Alien Property Custodian, Union" was owned by Bank voor Handel N.V., a Dutch bank. The memo from August 18, 1941, states "My investigation produced no evidence as to the ownership of this Dutch bank." The Dutch bankUnited Steel Works,[relevant? ] a German company. Fritz Thyssen and his brother, Heinrich Thyssen-Bornemisza, had the Dutch bank and the steel firm as part of their business and financial empire according to the US. agency. Fritz Thyssen resigned from the Council of State after November 9, 1938 Kristallnacht, was arrested in 1940, and spent the remainder of the war in a sanatorium and in concentration camps. The APC documents say "Whether any or all part of the funds held by Union Banking, or companies associated with it, belong to Fritz could not be established in this investigation." The assets were held by the government for the duration of the war, then returned afterward; UBC dissolved in the 1950s.
- ↑ "File: Bush%20Documents0008.jpg, (1271 × 2098 px)". hnn.us. http://hnn.us/resources/Bush%20Documents0008.jpg. Retrieved 2015-09-01.
- ↑ "File: Bush%20Documents0014.jpg, (1271 × 2123 px)". hnn.us. http://hnn.us/resources/Bush%20Documents0014.jpg. Retrieved 2015-09-01.
- ↑ "Documents: Bush's Grandfather Directed Bank Tied to Man Who Funded Hitler". FoxNews.com. October 17, 2003. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,100474,00.html.
- ↑ Campbell, Duncan (September 25, 2004). "How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power". London: The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/sep/25/usa.secondworldwar. Retrieved 2010-05-26.
- ↑ "Records of the Office of the Alien Property Custodian". U.S. National Archives and Records Administration. https://www.archives.gov/iwg/declassified-records/rg-131-alien-property/rg-131-records-02.html. Retrieved 2008-10-01.
- ↑ "Vesting Order Number 248". Federal Register (7 F.R. 5205). http://www.mbpolitics.com/Bush2000/VestingDetail.htm.
- ↑ "Hitler's Angel has 16 millions in N.Y. Bank". Washington Post copyright violation. http://www.fleshingoutskullandbones.com/P.Bush-Union_Banking/grafx/thyssen.pdf.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|