The Union of Forces for Democracy and Development (UFDD) is the largest group of Chadian rebel forces opposed to current President Idriss Déby. It was formed in October 2006 under the leadership of Mahamat Nouri.
The group consists of:
- United Front for Democratic Change
- Democratic Revolutionary Council
- Union of Forces for Progress and Democracy
22 October 2006 Edit
On 22 October 2006, the newly formed Union attacked the eastern Chad town of Goz Beida. Although it was initially unclear if they succeeded or if the government was able to defend the city, it later became clear that the Union had captured the city, along with several other cities like Am Timan.
See also Edit
- "Rebels attack eastern Chad town"" 22 October 2006
- "Rebels take control of Chad town" 23 October 2006
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|