|United Freedom Forces|
Birleşik Özgürlük Güçleri |
Participant in Syrian Civil War
Logo of Birleşik Özgürlük Güçleri
Bayram Ali (Spokesperson) |
Aziz Güler (Commander)†
|Part of||International Freedom Battalion|
Kurdistan Workers' Party
|Opponents||Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant|
The United Freedom Forces (Turkish language:Birleşik Özgürlük Güçleri, or BÖG) is a joint expatriate militia of several revolutionary socialist and anarchist organizations from Turkey, active in the Rojava conflict of the Syrian Civil War.
The predominant Hoxhaist Marxist–Leninist Communist Party and the Maoist TİKKO did not join the United Freedom Forces, but together with other communist groups from Turkey, Spain and Greece, in June 2015, they altogether formed the International Freedom Battalion.
On 21 September 2015, Turkish BÖG commander Aziz Güler (nom de guerre: Rasih Kurtuluş) was killed by a landmine explosion whilst fighting against ISIL. His body was taken to a hospital in Serê Kaniyê (Ras al-Ayn) to be brought to back to Turkey. Turkish authorities refused to allow his body into the country sparking controversy. His family had appealed to the Suruç district governorate, which rejected their application due to an invisible order by the Council of Ministers, and the Constitutional Court of Turkey, which also rejected their requests, before turning to the European Court of Human Rights. Protests against the Turkish authorities were carried out and a Change.org petition gathered 23,738 signatures. After 59 days, Güler's body was able to enter Turkey and was buried in Instanbul on the 22nd of November 2015.
Marxist-Leninist Armed Propaganda Corps-Revolutionary Front (Turkish language:Marksist Leninist Silahlı Propaganda Birliği-Devrim Cephesi, abbreviated as MLSPB-DC) is a communist armed group from Turkey. MLSPB-DC is part of BÖG.
Türkiye Devrim PartisiEdit
Revolution Party of Turkey (Turkish language:Türkiye Devrim Partisi, abbreviated as TDP) is a revolutionary socialist group from Turkey. TDP is part of BÖG.
Social Insurrection (Turkish language:Sosyal İsyan, abbreviated as Sİ) is a green anarchist and platformist group from Turkey. Members of the group have influences from people such as Alfredo M. Bonanno, Nestor Makhno, and Pierre-Joseph Proudhon. Sosyal İsyan is part of BÖG.
Proleter Devrimci Kurtuluş ÖrgütüEdit
Proletarian Revolutionary Liberation Organisation (Turkish language:Proleter Devrimci Kurtuluş Örgütü, abbreviated as PDKÖ) is a communist group from Turkey. PDKÖ is part of BÖG.
Revolutionary Headquarters (Turkish language:Devrimci Karargâh, abbreviated as DK) is a Marxist-Leninist group from Turkey.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:United Liberation Forces.|
- U on Twitter
- ↑ "BÖG Sözcüsü Bayram Ali Kurtuluş BBC muhabirleri ile röportaj yapıyor.". 28 January 2015. https://twitter.com/bog_iletisim/status/560432364833501184. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- ↑ "Kadın Özgürlük Gücü kuruldu". Hawar Haber Ajansı. August 14, 2015. http://tr.hawarnews.com/kadin-ozgurluk-gucu-kuruldu. Retrieved October 15, 2015.
- ↑ "Governor once again rejects application of Rojava martyr Güler’s family". Firat News Agency. 29 September 2015. //anfenglish.com/kurdistan/governor-once-again-rejects-application-of-rojava-martyr-guler-s-family.
- ↑ "Body of man killed in Syria while fighting ISIL allowed into Turkey after 59 days". Today's Zaman. 19 November 2015. http://www.todayszaman.com/national_body-of-man-killed-in-syria-while-fighting-isil-allowed-into-turkey-after-59-days_404734.html.
- ↑ "Turks demand anti-Daesh fighter body return home from Syria". Press TV. 10 October 2015. http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/10/10/432731/Turkey-Ankara-protesters-water-cannon-Rojava-Aziz-Guler-Daesh-Syria.
- ↑ "Body of BÖG Commander Güler finally handed over to family". Firat News Agency. 19 November 2015. //anfenglish.com/news/body-of-bog-commander-guler-finally-handed-over-to-family.
- ↑ "Kurdish commander killed in IS clashes buried in Istanbul". Yahoo! News. 22 November 2015. http://news.yahoo.com/kurdish-commander-killed-clashes-buried-istanbul-185614348.html.
- ↑ "Tuzluçayır’dan Kobane’ye Uzanan Bir Anarşist Savaşçı". Jiyan. 28 June 2015. http://jiyan.org/2015/06/28/tuzlucayirdan-kobaneye-uzanan-bir-anarsist-savasci/. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- ↑ "War against ISIS/Daesh: ‘From Tuzluçayır to Kobane’ – Interview With An Anarchist Warrior (Kurdistan)". 325. 6 July 2015. http://325.nostate.net/?p=16662#more-16662. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|