The Vextra 105 is an armoured reconnaissance vehicle for the French Army, designed by GIAT Industries (now known as Nexter). It is armed with a 105mm gun and a 7.62mm machine gun. It can travel up to 50 km/h in sandy terrain and up to 120 km/h on roads.
Specifications[edit | edit source]
- Length: 7.5 meters
- Width: 3 meters
- Weight: 31 Tons
- Armament: 105mm gun and 7.62mm machine gun
Performance[edit | edit source]
- Max Road Speed: 120 km/h
- Average Road Speed: 110 km/h
- Power Plant: Saab Scania diesel engine, 260 DaN.m
- Transmission: seven gears and torque converter
- Suspension: Hydropneumatic
References[edit | edit source]
- http://www.army-technology.com/projects/vextra/, Army Technology, Vextra 105 Wheeled Reconnaissance Vehicle, France, Retrieved, September 15, 2010.
- http://www.janes.com/articles/Janes-Armour-and-Artillery/Giat-Industries-VEXTRA-105-mm-armoured-vehicle-France.html, Jane's, Giat Industries VEXTRA 105 mm armoured vehicle (France), Reconnaissance vehicles, Retrieved September 15, 2010.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|