Flag of Vice Admiral, Pakistan Navy
The shoulder stars, shoulder boards, and sleeve stripes of a Pakistani Navy vice admiral of the "line".
|Next higher rank||Admiral|
|Next lower rank||Rear admiral|
Lieutenant general (Pakistan Army)|
Air marshal (Pakistan Air Force)
Vice admiral //–// (abbreviated as VADM or VADMPN) is a three-star commissioned armed flag officer rank in the Pakistan Navy, coast guards, and marines awarded by the Government of Pakistan to rear admirals as a position advancement in uniformed service. It is the second-highest rank in Pakistan armed services with a NATO code of OF-8, and while it is worn on epaulettes with a three-star insignia, it ranks above two-star Rear admiral and below four-star admiral. Vice admiral is equivalent to the rank of Lieutenant general of Pakistan Army and Air marshal of the air force.
A Pakistani vice admiral may be abbreviated as VADMPN to distinguish it from the same ranks offered in other countries, although there is no official abbreviation available for a Pakistani vice admiral. Vice admiral may be also called as three-star admiral to distinguish it from other insignias such as two-star Rear admiral and four-star admiral.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Insignia of a three-star general, Air marshal
Insignia of three-star Lieutenant general Pakistan
Either discontinued or never-used shoulder and sleeve insignia of a Pakistani Air marshal
References[edit | edit source]
- ""Pakistan Navy Official Website" Equivalent ranks". https://www.paknavy.gov.pk/ranks.html.
- "Two Pak Navy officers promoted as vice admiral". https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/620060-two-pak-navy-officers-promoted-as-vice-admiral.
- "Two Rear Admirals of Pakistan Navy promoted as Vice Admirals". 25 February 2020. https://timesofislamabad.com/25-Feb-2020/two-rear-admirals-of-pakistan-navy-promoted-as-vice-admirals.
- "The Navy: Everything you need to know about your naval defence - Pakistan Today". https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2018/09/08/the-navy-everything-you-need-to-know-about-your-naval-defence/.
- "Pakistan, a Country Study". U.S. Government Printing Office. 2 April 1975. https://books.google.com/books?id=FaggQsmGFWkC&pg=PA394&lpg=PA394&dq=stars+and+insignia+of+pakistan+navy&source=bl&ots=XYrFqDefVb&sig=ACfU3U1pZw3FL6IhZdGPNJZ81SRwMBD-Lw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi8gr7o9MnoAhXKV30KHR0YCak4MhDoATAFegQICRAB#v=onepage&q=Vice+admiral+&f=false.
- Thomas, Raju G. C. (14 July 2014). "Indian Security Policy: Foreword by Joseph S. Nye". Princeton University Press. https://books.google.co.in/books?id=QPH_AwAAQBAJ&pg=PA129&lpg=PA129&dq=three-star+vice+admiral+Pakistan&source=bl&ots=ozn-ifH26b&sig=ACfU3U1g8LCPKi-cI36v67Kb92p-XfNq9A&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi8qabP_cnoAhX9xzgGHSR0C6E4MhDoATACegQIBBAB#v=onepage&q=three-star+vice+admiral+Pakistan&f=false.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|