|Born||15 July 1916|
|Died||4 February 1998(age 22)|
|Place of birth||Gnesen|
|Place of death||Wiepenkathen|
|Years of service||1937–1945|
|Rank||Major der Reserve|
|Commands held||1./ 376. Grenadier-Regiment|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Victor Bruck (15 July 1916 – 4 February 1998) was a highly decorated Major der Reserve in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership.
Awards and decorationsEdit
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (27 December 1942)
- 1st Class (7 January 1943)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black (23 September 1943)
- in Silver (?)
- in Gold (22 November 1944)
- War Merit Cross
- 2nd Class (1 February 1942)
- Close Combat Clasp
- in Bronze (3 September 1944)
- Infantry Assault Badge (28 August 1944)
- Eastern Front Medal (6 August 1942)
- Honour Roll Clasp of the Army (15 October 1944)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 20 October 1944 as Hauptmann der Reserves and commander of the I./Grenadier-Regiment 376
- ↑ Fellgiebel 2000, p. 124.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.