- Please see "Presidential Unit Citation" for other nations' versions of this award
Presidential Unit Citation
US Navy sized Vietnam Presidential Unit Citation ribbon bar
US Army sized ribbon bar
Awarded by South Vietnam Type Unit citation Status No longer awarded
The Republic of Vietnam Presidential Unit Citation, originally referred to as the Friendship Ribbon, was awarded by the South Vietnamese government to all personnel in the Military Assistance Advisory Group, Indo-China, and other units who during August and September 1954, participated in humanitarian assistance. The emblem consists of three vertical red stripes on a golden yellow background, in a gold frame. The Republic of Vietnam Presidential Unit Citation is considered obsolete since the bestowing authority, the government of South Vietnam, no longer exists.
- Military awards and decorations of South Vietnam
- American Presidential Unit Citation
- Philippine Republic Presidential Unit Citation
- South Korean Presidential Unit Citation
- Thompson, James G. (2003). Complete Guide to United States Marine Corps Medals, Badges, and Insignia: World War II to Present. Medals of America Press. p. 101. ISBN 9781884452420.
- "Military Awards". Army Regulation 600–8–22. Army Publishing Directorate. 15 September 2011. p. 127. http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r600_8_22.pdf. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
- "Department of Defense Manual 1348.33 Volume 3" (PDF). Defense Technical Information Center. Department of Defense. 23 November 2010. p. 40. http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/134833vol3.pdf. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Republic of Vietnam Presidential Unit Citation". The Institute of Heraldry website. http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/Awards/vietnam_presidential.aspx. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
- "Seabee History: Vietnam". History.navy.mil. http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq67-5.htm. Retrieved 2013-01-03.
- . "BMU One History". Public.navy.mil. http://www.public.navy.mil/surfor/bmu1/Pages/History.aspx#.UOTKDKz0ZZ0. Retrieved 2013-01-03.
Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vietnam Presidential Unit Citation. This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).