WATCHCON (Watch Condition) is an alert state system used by and coordinated between the South Korean armed forces and United States Department of Defense to measure reconnaissance posture, utilized often in matters concerning North Korea.
Hierarchy of StagesEdit
There are four WATCHCON stages.
- WATCHCON 4 is in effect during normal peacetime.
- WATCHCON 3 is in effect amidst indications of an important threat.
- WATCHCON 2 is in effect amidst indications of a vital threat.
- WATCHCON 1 is in effect during wartime.
- ↑ Transcript : DoD News Briefing : Tuesday, April 9, 1996 - 2p.m, United States Department of Defense. Accessed June 28, 2009.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 OPLAN 5027 Major Theater War - West, GlobalSecurity.org. Accessed June 28, 2009.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|