|Walter von Boltenstern|
|Born||26 November 1889|
|Died||19 January 1952(aged 62)|
|Place of birth||Breslau|
|Place of death||Woikowo|
German Empire (to 1918)|
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1910–1945|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Walter von Boltenstern (26 November 1889 – 19 January 1952) was a highly decorated Generalleutnant in the Wehrmacht during World War II who commanded several divisions. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Walter von Boltenstern was discharged from active service in 1945, later that year he was taken by the Red Army. He died in Soviet captivity at the Woikowo prison camp in 1952.
Awards and decorations[edit | edit source]
- Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class (3 October 1914)
- 1st Class (15 March 1915)
- Hanseatic Cross of Hamburg (14 April 1918)
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918 (24 December 1934)
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (24 September 1939)
- 1st Class (2 October 1939)
- Order of the Crown of Italy (27 August 1940)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 13 August 1941 as Generalmajor and commander of 29.Infanterie-Division 
References[edit | edit source]
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 119.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
[edit | edit source]
Generalmajor Willibald Freiherr von Langermann und Erlencamp
|Commander of 29. Infanterie-Division (mot.)
1 July 1940 - 20 September 1941
Generalmajor Max Fremerey
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|