The Wan Chien (Chinese: 萬劍) is a cluster bomb researched and produced by the Chungshan Institute of Science and Technology. A total of 4 Wan Chien cluster bombs have been produced and are currently undergoing testing and evaluation with the Republic of China Air Force's AIDC F-CK-1 Ching-kuo fighters.
Development[edit | edit source]
The Wan Chien has resulted from the Wan Chien project approved by the Ministry of Defence. It partly resembles the AGM-154 Joint Standoff Weapon. The name Wan Chien (萬劍) literally means "Ten Thousand Swords".
- General characteristics
- Primary Function: Cluster Bomb
- Platform: Aircraft launched
- Range: 100–250 km
- Length: 4.5-4.8m
- Weight: 800–900 kg
- Diameter: 75–80 cm
- Warhead: 300–350 kg
- Guidance: GPS Guidance System
- Date Deployed: Unknown
References[edit | edit source]
- "我遙攻武器 萬劍彈曝光" (in Chinese). Liberty Times. http://www.libertytimes.com.tw/2004/new/dec/28/today-fo1.htm. Retrieved 2008-10-12.
- Asia Defence Monthly (October, 2008) (in Chinese). Wan Chien. Unknown.
[edit | edit source]
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|