The West Virginia Wing of the Civil Air Patrol, the United States Air Force Auxiliary
|United States Air Force|
|Commander||Col Paul G. McCroskey II|
|Vice Commander||Lt Col Jim Dodrill|
|Statistics as of 2014|
The West Virginia Wing of the Civil Air Patrol (CAP) is the highest echelon of Civil Air Patrol in the state of West Virginia. West Virginia Wing headquarters are located in Charleston, West Virginia. The West Virginia Wing consists of over 600 cadet and adult members at over 12 locations across the state of West Virginia.
Mission[edit | edit source]
Emergency services[edit | edit source]
The Civil Air Patrol performs emergency services missions, including search and rescue missions directed by the Air Force Rescue Coordination Center at Tyndall Air Force Base in Florida. Other missions include providing disaster relief, through offering ground and air transport of and an extensive communications network, and the transport of medically time-sensitive materials. The Civil Air Patrol provides Air Force support through the conducting of light transport, communications support, and low-altitude route surveys. The Civil Air Patrol may also assist in counter-drug missions.
Cadet programs[edit | edit source]
The Civil Air Patrol runs a cadet program for youth aged 12 to 21. The program allows cadets to progress at their own pace through a 16-step program including aerospace education, leadership training, physical fitness and moral leadership.
Aerospace education[edit | edit source]
The Civil Air Patrol teaches aerospace education to both CAP members and the general public. Teaching includes the providing of training to the members of the CAP, and offering workshops for youth throughout the nation through schools and public aviation events.
Organization[edit | edit source]
|WV099||Beckley Composite Squadron||Beaver|
|WV030||Boone Composite Squadron||Danville|
|WV013||Charleston Cadet Squadron||Dunbar|
|WV038||Clarksburg Composite Squadron||Bridgeport|
|WV100||Greenbrier Composite Squadron||Lewisburg|
|WV020||Martinsburg Composite Squadron||Martinsburg|
|WV093||Mercer Composite Squadron||Bluefield|
|WV113||Mid-Valley Composite Squadron||Hurricane|
|WV060||Morgantown Composite Squadron||Masontown|
|WV040||Parkersburg Composite Squadron||Parkersburg|
|WV114||Potomac Highlands Composite Squadron||Petersburg|
|WV049||Wheeling Composite Squadron||Wheeling|
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "eServices, National Headquarters". Civil Air Patrol. http://www.capnhq.gov. , login required
- "Civil Air Patrol West Virginia Wing". http://www.wvcap.net/home.
- "2014 Statistics". http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/West_VirginiaWing_HR_EFF3B2D9C1F9C.pdf.
- "Civil Air Patrol". http://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/.
- "Emergency Services". http://www.wvcap.net/missions/emergency-services.
- "Cadet Programs". http://www.wvcap.net/missions/cadet-programs.
- "Aerospace Education". http://www.wvcap.net/missions/aerospace-education.
- "Squadrons". http://www.wvcap.net/squadrons.
- "Civil Air Patrol Unit Directory". http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/Unit_Directory_3449B1BF3A9EC.pdf.
[edit | edit source]
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|