|Yuri Garrievich Abramovich|
|Native name||Юрий Гарриевич Абрамович|
|Born||5 September 1935|
|Died||28 February 2017 (aged 81)|
|Place of birth||Kharkiv, Ukrainian SSR, USSR|
|Place of death||Zhukovsky, Moscow Oblast, Russia|
|Service/branch||Soviet Air Force|
|Awards||Hero of the Russian Federation|
Yuri Garrievich Abramovich (Russian: Юрий Гарриевич Абрамович; 5 September 1935 in Kharkiv, Ukrainian SSR – 28 February 2017 in Zhukovsky, Moscow Oblast, Russia) was a test pilot of the Moscow Aviation Industrial Association (MAIA).
Abramovich graduated from Moscow Aviation Institute in 1959. From 1965 to 1995 Abramovich worked as a test pilot at aviation enterprise "Znamya Truda" (now named MAIA) in Lukhovitsy town in Moscow Oblast. He tested several supersonic fighter aircraft Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21, Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23, Mikoyan MiG-29 and their modifications, and participated in testing the Ilyushin Il-103 light multipurpose aircraft.
He lived in the city of Zhukovsky, Moscow District, and works as deputy head of the aviation testing complex of MAIA for flight work. He was an ethnic Jew.
Awards[edit | edit source]
- Hero of the Russian Federation (1 March 1996)
- Order of the Red Banner of Labour, twice (26 April 1971, 11 October 1974)
- Order of the Badge of Honour (31 July 1961)
- Jubilee Medal "In Commemoration of the 100th Anniversary since the Birth of Vladimir Il'ich Lenin"
- Medal "Veteran of Labour"
- Honoured Test Pilot of the USSR
References[edit | edit source]
- Президент Российской Федерации. Указ №314 от 01.03.1996 «["Archived copy". Archived from the original on June 4, 2011. https://web.archive.org/web/20110604012634/http://document.kremlin.ru/doc.asp?ID=075341. Retrieved September 2, 2009. О награждении государственными наградами Российской Федерации работников предприятий, учреждений и организаций оборонных отраслей промышленности]». (President of Russia. Ukaz #314 of 1 March 1996 ["Archived copy". Archived from the original on June 4, 2011. https://web.archive.org/web/20110604012634/http://document.kremlin.ru/doc.asp?ID=075341. Retrieved September 2, 2009. On the conferring of state awards of the Russian Federation to employees of enterprises, agencies and defence industry organisations]. ).
[edit | edit source]
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|