|Zelzal 3 2012.jpg|
Zelzal-3 triple launcher during a 2012 Tehran military exhibition
|Wars||Yemeni Civil War (2015–present)|
Saudi Arabian-led intervention in Yemen
|Weight||3.6–3.87 tonnes depending on model.|
|Length||9–9.6 m depending on model|
|200–250 km depending on model|
|Inertial plus GPS|
|Transporter erector launcher|
Zelzal-3 (Persian: زلزال-۳, meaning "earthquake") is an Iranian-made solid propellant unguided artillery rocket with a range of 200 km. It is an upgrade of the Zelzal-2 rocket with slightly improved range and was first shown to the public in 2007. A variant, the Zelzal-3B, has a smaller warhead and a range of 250 km. The shape and dimensions of the Zelzal-3 are nearly identical with previous versions except that the nosecone is cone shaped rather than the dome shaped Zelzal-2 and Zelzal-1. The Zelzal-3 has revived little use as the much more accurate Fateh-110 missile was also developed from the Zelzal-2.
A number of sources confuse the Zelzal-3 with the Shahab-3 ballistic missile.
- Military of Iran
- Iran's missile forces
- Iranian military industry
- Current Equipment of the Iranian Army
- "Modlex product: MXF05-000360 Zelzal 3 Surface to Surface Rocket". Modlex.ir. http://www.modlex.ir/cgi-bin/store.pl/page=product.html/pid=MXF05-000360. Retrieved 2013-09-03.
- "Modlex product: MXF05-000370 Zelzal 3-B Surface to Surface Rocket". Modlex.ir. Archived from the original on 2013-07-29. https://web.archive.org/web/20130729152126/http://www.modlex.ir/cgi-bin/store.pl/page%3Dproduct.html/pid%3DMXF05-000370. Retrieved 2013-09-03.
- Iran Rocket Missile forces amazonaws.com
- "Defense & Security Intelligence & Analysis: IHS Jane's | IHS". Articles.janes.com. http://articles.janes.com/articles/Janes-Missiles-And-Rockets-2004/Iran-supplies-improved-rockets-to-Syria-and-Hizbullah.html. Retrieved 2013-09-03.
- Analysis: IRGC implicated in arming Yemeni Houthis with rockets longwarjournal.org
|group2 = Other |list2 =
|below = Category }}
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|